Golden Valley High School now offers 11th and 12th grade students the opportunity to take on class for Credit/No Credit. The purpose of this is to increase students' GPAs if they have already completed certain graduation and/or A-G requirements, making them more competitive when applying to colleges. This typically only affects students with a cumulative GPA around 4.0 or higher.
Below are the requirements to be considered when requesting a class for Credit/No Credit:
1. The student must request the credit/no credit class within the first two weeks of the start of the semester.
2. A student can only have one credit/no credit class per semester.
3. The class must not fill an A-G course OR be an academic class.
4. The credit/no credit class must be an "extra" class, meaning the 7th class for juniors or the 6th class on a senior's schedule.
5. 9th and 10th graders cannot take a credit/no credit class.
STUDENTS RECEIVE A GRADE AND SEE IT ON THE TRANSCRIPT, BUT WILL NOT RECEIVE CREDIT FOR THE CLASS, WHICH MEANS THE CLASS IS NOT FIGURED INTO GPA. THIS COULD CAUSE A SHORTAGE OF CREDITS NEEDED FOR GRADUATION. PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR COUNSELOR TO MAKE SURE CREDIT/NO CREDIT WILL WORK FOR YOU.